Yo crazy kids! I know some of you probably do not have constant internet access but whenever you get a chance (and I am pretty sure the other two here do have internet access readily available to them...) let's get on with this blogging thing!
Please share about your lives/travels/what you had for lunch/etc.
For example yesterday I was the recipient of a terrible haircut. Being apprehensive from the getgo, I tried to be very adamant about what I did not want to happen. After asking me if I liked his diamond ring, my superman t-shirt wearing hairdresser tried to console me with the fact that he is Argentinean. Somehow, for whatever reason, I did not find that to be soothing. The no more than 6 week old puppy wandering around and hanging by the heater however was the reason I stayed.
Needless to say I wound up with a haircut totally opposite of what I wanted. He even parted my hair on the opposite side of what I told him... I think he was determined to shake up my life. Unfortunately, I know my hair better than he does. Fortunately, it is only hair.
Then, riding the bus to English Opens Doors (a English teaching volunteer program) I was on the stairs of the bus, doors open, with one man between me and the whizzing air. He was a great seatbelt, unfortunately it meant we were spooning for 10 minutes. This happens a lot in Chile- in the metro people pile in expecting everyone else to simply melt away in the back, at the Colo-Colo game I was actually suspended by two people for about 5 minutes when I left to get someone and tried to go back down the stairs.
I cannot believe that in less than a month I will be heading home. Time goes by so fast! Can you guys believe it has been 5 months since we have seen each other?
Also yesterday for lunch I was in a rush but I had cazuela (a soup here with huge chunks of potato, chicken and sometimes half a corn cob).
abrazos
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment